[FOM] A question about uncountable torsion-free divisible groups

Christian Espindola christian.espindola at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 06:04:41 EDT 2012

One little observation regarding the general question. To conclude that
those two vector spaces have basis of the same cardinality one would also
need to use that the cardinality of a basis (if it exists) is the same as
that of the vector space. This uses that m times aleph_0 is equal to m for
all infinite cardinals, which, unless the uncountable cardinal is an aleph,
relies on some choice principle (while it is strictly less than AC, it
implies that every infinite set has a countable subset, for instance).