[FOM] Smith's Intro to Gödel's Theorems -- 2nd edition

Peter Smith ps218 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 26 10:17:06 EDT 2012

FOMers might like to know that I have made available online a draft of the
first third or so of the 2nd edition of my Gödel book. This is the part up
to and including the Gödelian proof of the First Incompleteness Theorem, so
will be of interest to students even without the rest of the book. It can
be downloaded from

http://www.logicmatters.net/2012/06/godel-2nd-edition-again/

I have an ulterior motive of course. Some readers of FOM were very generous
in their comments when I posted drafts of the 1st edition some years ago,
and saved me from some horrible mistakes. This part of the book is the most
heavily revised, and I'd really like to hear about needed corrections
(whether of typos or of horrible new thinkos that I have managed to insert
...). So all comments again most gratefully received! I hope though that it
is a good enough state to pass on to your students without corrupting their
minds too much ...

Peter Smith
http://www.logicmatters.net
http://www.latexforlogicians.net

--
Dr Peter Smith: Faculty of Philosophy, University of Cambridge

Gödel's Theorems: http://www.godelbook.net
LaTeX for Logicians: http://www.phil.cam.ac.uk/teaching_staff/Smith/LaTeX/
Idle musings: http://logicmatters.blogspot.com