[FOM] Weak logic axioms

Arnon Avron aa at tau.ac.il
Sun Feb 26 02:55:17 EST 2012

This has very little to do with FOM. Still, I'll answer your question
in short: by adding either (3) or (4) to the relevance logic R you get
what is known as the semi-relevant logic RM (which has Sugihara's
matrix as a characteritic matrix). This system does not have the
variable-sharing property, and so is not considered to be a relavance
logic. Usually it is axiomatized by adding
to R the axiom A->BvB->A (It is easy to see that each of (3) and (4)
are equivalent to this axiom).

Arnon Avron