[FOM] Alan Turing T-shirt

Sam Sanders sasander at cage.ugent.be
Tue Apr 3 23:29:08 EDT 2012

To whom it may concern,

The following T-shirt of  Che Guevara is well-known:

http://blogs.theage.com.au/noisepollution/Che-Guevara--C11753206%20(Custom).jpeg

It is usually accompanied by the slogan "Viva la revolucion" (spelling no doubt incorrect).

Now, an enterprising Dutchman went and made a nice parody:

http://pricki.spreadshirt.nl/che-turing-t-shirt-male-A18311106/customize/color/5

The slogan here is the appropriate "Viva la computacion" (spelling no doubt incorrect).

I have worn such a T-shirt on a number of occasions (conferences, workshops, talks, etc) and each time
people have expressed the desire to purchase said item.

It is a nice way of honouring Turing, especially because normal people also approach you and ask
"Who's that guy on your T-shirt".  This is an ideal opportunity for "bringing FOM to the people" by
stating that Turing was a logician, mathematician and helped invent the computer.

Cheers,

Sam

ps: I am in no way affiliated with the aforementioned webshop.