[FOM] About paradox theory

Zvonimir Sikic zvonimir.sikic at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 05:52:41 EDT 2011

 Maybe this short article could be of interest

http://www.fsb.unizg.hr/matematika/sikic/download/ZS_cantors_theorem.pdf

Šika

  I'm sure your project has merit, but I can never overcome "Russell's
Paradox" because of the following theorem of  first-order logic.

          ~EyAx[F(xy) <--> ~F(xx)]

              As a consequence, I tend to dismiss R's Paradox as having
nothing to do with sets or anything else in particular.   I'm sure I must be
wrong in this, as his paradox regarding classes or sets enjoys such wide
popularity, perhaps due to the Frege connection, and was perhaps a guiding
light for improved set theories.   So, perhaps someone will please give me a
good reason not to trivialize it so.  Perhaps I'm making some significant
mistake. I'd be glad to be corrected.

Charlie