[FOM] Grothendieck foundations: Zariski and coherent cohomology

David Roberts david.roberts at adelaide.edu.au
Wed Nov 30 16:51:18 EST 2011

Hi Colin,

When you say sheaves below, I presume you mean on the Zariski site?

And perhaps intermediate to etale cohomology you might try Nisnevich
sheaves, which are important for several reasons (A^1-homotopy theory
for example). There is a nice characterisation of a Nisnevich cover
equivalent to the usual one given by Lurie, which I reproduce here

http://mathoverflow.net/questions/78431/nisnevich-topology-on-non-locally-noetherian-schemes

and which I find more intuitive and simple. You can ignore the non-Noetherian
stuff, it was a bit of a red herring in the end.

And regarding the use of global choice over ZF[0]: is it equivalent
(over ZF[0]) to a form of Zorn's lemma weaker than usually stated?
Or can you isolate what fact you use in the proof of enough injectives
to be a choice principle on its own?

Regards,

David