[FOM] Consistency of Robinson arithmetic

Timothy Y. Chow tchow at alum.mit.edu
Wed May 18 16:48:13 EDT 2011

The current discussion about the consistency of PA makes me wonder: Does
Voevodsky or Nelson doubt the consistency of Q?  Some of the vague
objections that I sketched in my previous post would apply just as well to
Con(Q) as to Con(PA).  Getting a straight answer to this question could
sharpen the discussion, by clarifying whether PA is just being used as an
arbitrary placeholder or whether there is something specific about PA that
is (allegedly) problematic.

Tim