[FOM] Is there a higher order Takeuti conjecture?

Colin McLarty colin.mclarty at case.edu
Sun Jun 5 20:36:58 EDT 2011

Dear Bill,

Thanks for a full and very helpful reply.   I have downloaded your
paper, and the Schutte paper you cite there.

Is there a reason to doubt there can be an effective procedure for
eliminating cuts in finite order logic?  Or is it just that none is
yet known?

I hope the results are proved in Takeuti's book Proof Theory, as the
first edition was several years after the proofs.  But that book seems
not be available on line by normal channels, and I'm waiting for
interlibrary loan.

best, Colin