[FOM] query about Peter Koellner's thesis

Rupert McCallum Rupert.McCallum at acu.edu.au
Tue Mar 23 19:06:47 EDT 2010

In my previous message about Peter Koellner's thesis I made incorrect statements about what he claims in his thesis.

I stated that he claims "one can prove along similar lines that the Dodd-Jensen core model is non-rigid." This is not correct; Peter Koellner claims that such a statement can be philosophically motivated but makes no claim that a formal proof is possible along the lines I indicated. I should have taken more care to represent his views correctly. Any suggestion that there is a mistake in his thesis is due to a misunderstanding on my part.

Dr Rupert McCallum
Lecturer in Mathematics
(02) 9701 4050