[FOM] Mathematics ***is*** formalising of our thought and intuition

Robert Lindauer rlindauer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 18:27:07 EDT 2010

That there are not currently as-good political theories as there are
mathematical theories is not essential to (either) science.  Surely
political scientists -could- carry on their discipline without error
just as any mathematician might by simply being very conservative.
Surely mathematicians have carried out poor calculations and/or
proceeded under false assumptions.

Surely it is the intention of every science to have error-free
systematic understanding, this is not unique to mathematics.

--
It gives.