[FOM] Mathematical Truth

Arnon Avron aa at tau.ac.il
Fri Jan 1 01:36:14 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 09:41:32AM -0800, Paul Budnik wrote:
> By physical reality I mean a system in which a finite space
> time region is fully characterized by a finite amount
> of information as our universe seems to be.

I do not understand this sentence, and I do not think
it has an objective meaning.

> Iterating it up to any recursive ordinal leads

I doubt that the notion of "recursive ordinal" has an
objective meaning.
(unless you are a platonist).

> One can then ask if such a process
> is well founded

I doubt that the notion of "well-founded" has an
objective meaning.
(unless you are a platonist).

> i. e. if one simulates this TM and every output it or
> its descendants generates, will every path end with a
> terminating node.

I doubt that a question about "every path" has an
objective meaning and an objective truth-value
(unless you are a platonist).

Arnon Avron