[FOM] Falsify Platonism?

hendrik@topoi.pooq.com hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Sat Apr 24 10:26:43 EDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 12:15:53AM -0700, Monroe Eskew wrote:
> Ah but you can get the Platonist (or Hilbert) to specify the logic
> s/he is using.  I've never met a Platonist who does not accept
> classical logic.  Such a thing would be quite curious!
>
> Monroe

I haven't met one, but I can *imagine* a philosophical Platonist being
convinced by the arguments of theoretical physicists and deciding that
he needs to use a quantum logic, because that is physical reality.
I can't imagine what mathematics he would come up with though.
So far my explorations of noncommutative geometry have not been
enlightening.

-- hendrik