[FOM] Logicomix and intuitionistic truth

Panu Raatikainen panu.raatikainen at helsinki.fi
Mon Apr 19 01:54:12 EDT 2010

Vaughan Pratt wrote:

> My post was about intuitionistic truth, a concept which Raatikainen
> flatly denies.

I did not deny the concept (whatever that means) - I was simply asking
for a clear explanation of it.

    :
> The most fundamental semantics of intuitionistic logic is that of Kripke

"intuitionistic truth" is a concept, not a statement or a proposition,
so I don't understand what it would mean to demonstrate it...

Anyway, Kripke semantics and such are fine, as technical formal tools,
but I think all serious intuitionists agree that they have nothing to
do with the *intended* semantics of intuitionistic logic, which is in
terms of informal, intuitive notions of proof and provability. And
that's what my query is about.

Best, Panu