[FOM] Workshop on Set Theory (part of ISLA 2010), Hyderabad (India), 25-29 Jan 2010

Benedikt Loewe bloewe at science.uva.nl
Sun Sep 6 16:25:20 EDT 2009

                  CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
             (Deadline: 7 October 2009)

          Workshop on Set Theory at ISLA 2010
                January 25-29, 2010
       University of Hyderabad, Gachibowli, India
              http://isla2010.theano.de/

This "Workshop on Set Theory" is part of the "Third Indian School on Logic
and Its Applications" (ISLA 2010). We invite all researchers in set theory
to submit abstracts for talks.

Current confirmed speakers include James Cummings (Carnegie Mellon
University, Pennsylvania, USA), Natasha Dobrinen (University of Denver,
Colorado, USA), Yurii Khomskii (University of Amsterdam, Netherlands),
Dilip Raghavan (University of Toronto, Canada).

SUBMISSIONS. We plan to have about 10 research talks in set theory.  We
invite all researchers in set theory to submit an abstract of their talk
(8-15 lines of text in a plain text e-mail) by e-mail to
isla2010 at theano.de by the deadline of 7 October 2009. Decisions will be
announced 12 October 2009.

BACKGROUND. This workshop is intended to be a research event for set
theorists around the world, covering the major areas of set theory, such
as large cardinals, infinite games, forcing, and descriptive set theory.
At the same time, we expect that the workshop provides a learning
atmosphere for the student participants of ISLA 2010. We encourage all
speakers of the workshop to aim at least half of their presentations at a
student audience, and we specially welcome talks in tutorial style or
presentations by students who present their research. In total, we expect
10 presentations of 45 minutes each, spread over four days.

ORGANIZERS. Benedikt Loewe (University of Amsterdam, Netherlands), Agatha
Walczak-Typke (Institute Mittag-Leffler, Sweden), Philip Welch (University
of Bristol, UK).

The organizers can be reached at isla2010 at theano.de.