[FOM] Proof Theory Query

Monroe Eskew meskew at math.uci.edu
Sun Oct 11 14:04:15 EDT 2009

I've seen P1 called "T is fully witnessed" and also "T has Henkin
witnesses."  If T is both complete and fully witnessed, then it has P2
as well.  I don't know what the general relation between P1 and P2 is,
but here's one aspect:  If you look at Peano Arithmetic and restrict
Phi(x) to the Delta_0 formulas, then there is an example where you
have P1 but not P2.  Let Phi(x) be the formula saying x does not code
a proof of 0=1.  Let Psi be something equivalent to Con(PA).