[FOM] Mac lane set theory

joeshipman@aol.com joeshipman at aol.com
Sun Dec 20 22:32:48 EST 2009

Can anyone provide an example of a statement of "ordinary mathematics"
which can be proved in Zermelo set theory but not MacLane set theory?
I can understand that one might imagine the subject matter of ordinary
mathematics to be contained in a finitely iterated powerset of the
integers, but why would one then choose MacLane over Zermelo?

-- JS