[FOM] mathematics as formal

Steven Ericsson-Zenith steven at semeiosis.org
Mon Mar 24 00:42:17 EDT 2008

On Mar 22, 2008, at 11:10 PM, Vaughan Pratt wrote:

> ...  Aliens might not be DNA-based, but it
> seems to me that they'd more likely to arrive at the concept of prime
> number than of logical positivism once they get past mere street
> smarts.

It seems to me that whatever their appreciation of prime numbers, they
are at least as likely as we to evolve a genuine curiosity about the
nature of apprehension and logic, and to arrive at some conception of
it. Indeed, the simply observation of prime numbers and that they
possess a universal quality absent in other conceptions is due to such
a consideration.

With respect,
Steven

--
Dr. Steven Ericsson-Zenith
Institute for Advanced Science & Engineering