[FOM] Formalization Thesis

joeshipman@aol.com joeshipman at aol.com
Thu Jan 3 19:42:05 EST 2008

I repeat my earlier challenge: can anyone who disputes Chow's
Formalization Thesis respond with a SPECIFIC MATHEMATICAL STATEMENT
which they are willing to claim is not, despite its expressiblity in
English text on the FOM discussion forum, "faithfully representable" or
"adequately expressible" as a sentence in the formal system ZFC?

I don't want an argument that such a statement exists, and I don't want
a METAmathematical statement, I want an actual English sentence within
quotation marks that is claimed to be mathematical but not formalizable
in Chow's sense.

-- JS