[FOM] continuing problems with constructive continuity?

Frank Waaldijk frank.waaldijk at hetnet.nl
Mon Feb 18 04:24:17 EST 2008

I hereby really apologise for my posting, especially the last message placed
which is in hindsight quite silly and very arrogant.

I stated that only careful thinking would make the problems with the
reciprocal function in BISH go away, it turns out that people in formal
topology have been doing that careful thinking, whereas I myself was quick
to conclude there was a serious snag somewhere, even though I could not put
my finger on it.

Kind replies trying to enlighten me have been given by Erik Palmgren,
Giovanni Sambin and Bas Spitters. They have helped me remove the beam from
my own eye, and now I feel very sorry to have doubted their work. I only
wish I had known about this solution (and understood it!) when I wrote my
article.

The only issue for me remaining (apart from feeling very foolish) is the
position of RUSS in formal topology. There seems to be some paradigm shift
in the position of BISH, INT, CLASS and RUSS. Seeing how little my questions
have hit any mark, I will refrain from further silliness on my part, and not
react on this forum.

Apologies and kind regards,

Frank Waaldijk