[FOM] History of set theory

josef@us.es josef at us.es
Thu Sep 6 04:34:21 EDT 2007

Dear colleagues:

please excuse me for advertising my own work, but I hope some of you will find this information of interest.

Springer Verlag has published a second edition of "Labyrinth of Thought: A history of set theory and its role in modern
mathematics". Originally published as volume 23 in the series: Science Networks - Historical Studies, this softbound edition
comes with a new epilogue, and a much lowered price of 59,90 €.

It is my hope that, now that I've managed to convince Birkhauser that they should offer a much lowered price, the book will
reach a real audience (not merely the academic libraries of rich universities).

Ferreirós, José -- Labyrinth of Thought: A History of Set Theory and Its Role in Modern Mathematics
2nd, revised ed., 2007, XXV, 466 p. 7 illus., Softcover. A Birkhäuser book.
ISBN: 978-3-7643-8349-7

http://www.springer.com/east/home/birkhauser/historyofscience?SGWID=5-40295-22-173723448-0

Best wishes to all,

Jose