[FOM] The influence of Leibniz on Russell

hdeutsch@ilstu.edu hdeutsch at ilstu.edu
Tue May 8 13:26:28 EDT 2007

Russell rightly objected to Leibniz's view that relational propositions reduced
to monadic ones.  Leibniz's view on this was a strong negative influence on
Russell.  Years ago I wondered what model theoretic condition might correspond
to that of being a boolean combination of monadic formulas.  The problem was
solved, I think, by S. Comer.  Is that right?  Does anyone know about this?  HD