[FOM] Why inclusive disjunction?

Richard Heck rgheck at brown.edu
Thu Jan 11 16:29:15 EST 2007

Thanks, Neil. But in my book, the absurdity sign is a zero-place
connective. What I had in mind---perhaps this was obvious---had
something to do with harmony and all that, and, since the absurdity sign
is as much in need of introduction and elimination rules as anything
else, any worries one had about mixing connectives in rules will surface
with it, too. I'm not, to be sure, saying such worries can't be
resolved. Just asking whether they would need to be.

Richard

--
Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy