[FOM] First-order arithmetical truth

V.Sazonov@csc.liv.ac.uk V.Sazonov at csc.liv.ac.uk
Tue Oct 17 18:59:40 EDT 2006

Quoting "Timothy Y. Chow" <tchow at alum.mit.edu> Mon, 16 Oct 2006:

(answering to Francis Davey)

> If you lack the ability to distinguish the intended model of PA from
> another model,

Excuse me Timothy, please. Do YOU have this ability?

Arnon, may be you have?

Does anybody here have this ability?

Is there any way to demonstrate this ability to see that this is not
just a fiction?

Can we make any experiment to check who has and who has not this
ability? (Something like in sport competition? Who will be the referee?)

Please do not refer to the well-known definition of the standard model
for PA in the framework of ZFC that is, the definition relative to ZFC
whereas something absolute is required.

Vladimir Sazonov