[FOM] The Lucas-Penrose Thesis

John McCarthy jmc at steam.Stanford.EDU
Sat Oct 7 14:47:39 EDT 2006

Bohr and Heisenberg, at least for many years, favored the idea that
the wave function collapses when a signal hits human consciousness.
Other physicists didn't agree.

As I understand it, the many worlds interpretation of QM, as proposed
by Everett in 1957, and elaborated by many physicists since then,
would hold that the world wave function doesn't even collapse when a
human senses something but merely splits.

I only answer, because I was asked.  There are experts on the many
worlds interpretation.  The Wikipedia article is quite informative.