[FOM] Concerning Ancestral Logic

Bill Taylor W.Taylor at math.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Nov 2 21:35:20 EST 2006

This query is mainly directed to Arnon Avron, but no doubt others
may feel like joining in.

Arnon - you have been extolling the virtues of AL as an alternative,
(an extension?), of FOL.  It sounds good, but I don't yet know what it is.
You mention it was given a treatment in Shapiro's F-without-F, but I don't
recall noticing it from when I read that.

So I wonder if you could give us all a brief rundown on it.
Nothing too massively technical, but just enough to get the flavour
and main ideas.  I was thinking of, say, 2 or 3 standard paragraphs.

Could you do that please?   Thanks muchly,

Bill Taylor