[FOM] Quantun mechanics realm

laureano luna laureanoluna at yahoo.es
Sun May 28 05:16:49 EDT 2006

Jose Felix Costa wrote Fri, 26 May 2006 14:31:47 :

  >In fact, besides Copenhagen School of Quantum Mechanics (its greatest
>master
>was indeed Niels Bohr), the School of Paris, having as mentor Louis de
>Broglie, advocates that the apparent non-determinism of quantum
>phenomena is
>due to some hidden variables, variables that once revealed will make
>?Quantum Mechanics? a deterministic branch of microphysics.

>Moreover, this is not simply philosophy or speculation: (mathematical)
>physical theories have been built up around the subject of hidden
>variables
>since de Broglie

  I wonder whether theories including hidden variables are consistent with some empirical and mathematical results that seem to show complementary properties of particles cannot really be definite at the same time and cannot exist independently of our measurements of them.

  I'm referring to the Kochen-Specker theorem and to the experiments that reveal violations of Bell's inequality.

  I'm inclined to think those outcomes bannish any possibility of a hidden variables theory. Is it not so?

  Regards.

  Laureano Luna

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com