[FOM] Question for Gabriel Stolzenberg

Bill Taylor W.Taylor at math.canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Mar 28 20:53:07 EST 2006

Gabriel, a week or two ago you made a comment that seemed rather "extreme".
Or rather, my interpretation of it seemed to be.  So maybe I got it wrong.

Anyway, let me ask this more direct question of you.

Situation: We have a recursively axiomatizable theory in FOL.
=========  We have a particular proposition in the language of the theory.

Statement: The question of whether or not the proposition can be derived
=========  from the axioms of the theory, is a completely objective matter.

My query to you:  Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Any commentary that seems pertinent would be welcome.

If anyone else would like to give their own (constructivist) opinion,
please do so.

W Taylor

.