[FOM] Computability in Europe 2006 - Call for Informal Presentations

S B Cooper pmt6sbc at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Mar 24 07:17:50 EST 2006

[Apologies for multiple copies]

               Computability in Europe 2006 :
         Logical Approaches to Computational Barriers
                    30 June - 5 July 2006
                     Swansea University

              http://www.cs.swansea.ac.uk/cie06/

               CALL FOR INFORMAL PRESENTATIONS

                   Deadline:  30 April 2006

There is a remarkable difference in conference style between
computer science and mathematics conferences. Mathematics
conferences allow for informal presentations that are prepared
very shortly before the conference and inform the participants
about current research and work in progress. The format of
computer science conferences with pre-produced proceedings
volumes is not able to accommodate this form of scientific
communication.

Continuing the tradition as started at CiE 2005 in Amsterdam,
also this years CiE conference endeavours to get the best of both
worlds. In addition to the formal presentations based on our LNCS
proceedings volume, we invite researchers to present informal
presentations. For this, please send us a brief description of
your talk (between one paragraph and half a page) before

                         30 April 2006.

Please submit your abstract via our Submission Form, now online
at:

    http://www.cs.swansea.ac.uk/cie06/abstract-submission.php

If you submit an informal presentation, you will get an e-mail
with a decision on acceptance or rejection within two weeks of
your submission.

Let us add that there will be three post-conference publications
of CiE 2006, see

    http://www.cs.swansea.ac.uk/cie06/publications.php

All speakers, including the speakers of informal
presentations, are eligible to be invited to submit a full
journal version of their talk to one of the post-conference
publications.

Let us also point out that we have several grants available for
attending our conference, see

    http://www.cs.swansea.ac.uk/cie06/grants.php