[FOM] More Descriptive FOM

A. Mani a_mani_sc_gs at yahoo.co.in
Fri Mar 3 17:15:10 EST 2006

Hello,
         In formal approaches to mathematics, it has been that the logics
considered do not admit of modal or interpretation operators. Neither are
interrogative operators considered. This does make mathematics more culture
dependent. The associated directed set of meta levels in cognition also come
under some strain.

        In using so-called 'controversial principles' in mathematics, it is
that people refuse to disclose key parts of reasoning. I think we can achieve
a lot more by improving on the expression part allowing things like what has
been said above. It is then that we will be able to integrate more
fundamental principles like 'Leibnitz's principle of distinguishability' into
the foundations more directly.

          It will certainly get more difficult for two mathematicians to pick
a fight.

Comments please.

A. Mani
Member, Cal. Math. Soc