[FOM] Formal logic, constructivism, & intuitionism: concerning the quest to find the fundamental origins of our beliefs that formal logic is a useful methodology

Richard Haney rfhaney at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 20:53:35 EST 2006

Can anyone direct me to specific resources (including sections and page
numbers, if available) where intuitionists discuss their philosophical
views "that the unique source of mathematics is the intuition, and the
criterion of acceptability of mathematical concepts, constructions, and
inferences is intuitive clarity"?  (The quote is from N. A. Shanin,
*Constructive Real Numbers and Function Spaces*, Amer. Math. Soc.
Transl. of Math'l. Monographs, Vol. 21 (1968), p. 7, section "0.3".)

Richard Haney