[FOM] Axioms that imply AC

Thomas Forster T.Forster at dpmms.cam.ac.uk
Fri Feb 3 12:47:44 EST 2006

An interesting project in this area that your student might wish to look
at is: find some more equivalents of the Prime ideal theorem.  A product
of Compact Hausdorff spaces is compact Hausdorff is cute, but it's the
only one i can think of offhand.  Something that natural ought to have
more.

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Andrej Bauer  wrote:

> I student of mine is writing an undergraduate thesis on theorems in
> mathematics which are equivalent to the axiom of choice,

  (U Cambridge); +44-20-7882-3659 (QMW) +44-7887-701-562
 (mobile)