[FOM] Classical Mathematical Logic, Princeton University Press

Text Assistant text_assistant at pupress.princeton.edu
Tue Aug 1 16:18:59 EDT 2006

Below you will find a brief description of a new title published by
Princeton University Press. We hope that you will find this title of
interest to your members and will post our message to your discussion list.

Classical Mathematical Logic:
The Semantic Foundations of Logic
http://www.pupress.princeton.edu/titles/8222.html

In Classical Mathematical Logic, Richard L. Epstein relates the systems of
mathematical logic to their original motivations to formalize reasoning in
mathematics. The book also shows how mathematical logic can be used to
formalize particular systems of mathematics. It sets out the formalization
not only of arithmetic, but also of group theory, field theory, and linear
orderings. These lead to the formalization of the real numbers and Euclidean
plane geometry. The scope and limitations of modern logic are made clear in
these formalizations.

Read more online, click here:
http://www.pupress.princeton.edu/titles/8222.html.

Thank you for your time.