[FOM] sequent calculus via algebraic logic

Randall Holmes holmes at diamond.boisestate.edu
Tue Sep 21 18:41:18 EDT 2004

Dear FOM'ers

Someone asked me about this, so I posted some (rough) notes on
simulation of sequent calculus in algebraic logic on my web site.

the URL is

http://math.boisestate.edu/~holmes/holmes/equationalsequent.ps

If you go to my home page, there's a link under Current Research.

I have no reason to believe that there's anything novel about this approach;
it seemed obvious to me (given the technical problem of implementing sequent
calculus under an equational theorem prover).

Help with correction of typos would be appreciated if anyone looks at this.

--Randall Holmes