[FOM] Announcement

Michael Detlefsen Detlefsen.1 at nd.edu
Sat Sep 11 05:09:17 EDT 2004

			*** ANNOUNCEMENT ***

The Fifth Annual Midwest PhilMath Workshop will be held on the campus
of the University of Notre Dame, Saturday, November 6th and Sunday,
November 7th.

We are pleased to say that Professor Dana Scott will be joining us
and giving a special presentation.

If you would like to give a talk, please send the title and an
abstract or description to either me at Detlefsen.1 at nd.edu or to Tim
Bays at Bays.5 at nd.edu. Please get these to us by September 30th. We
hope to set the program the first week in October. If you're working
on a project for which you'd welcome some vigorous but friendly
discussion, please submit a proposal to present it.

As in the past, there is a fund available for stipends to graduate
students whose departments lack the means to fund the expenses of
their coming to the Workshop. This year, these will take the form of
room vouchers (generally for a room shared with another conference
attendee) and support for travel expenses for those graduate students
whose travel may be unusually expensive. Contact us for further
information.

Following the custom of previous years, there will be a conference
dinner on Saturday evening free to all participants who let me know
they plan to attend.

We encourage all who are interested in the philosophy of mathematics
to join us.

Cordially,
Mic Detlefsen and Tim Bays (organizers)
MWPMW 5

P.S. For updates and other information, please check the workshop's
website: <http://www.nd.edu/%7Endphilo/5thphilmath.html>. For
information regarding lodging, please go to
<http://www.nd.edu/~ndphilo/PhilMathLodge.htm>, or contact Mrs. LinDa
Grams at LinDa.L.Grams.2 at nd.edu.

A map showing visitor parking areas is available at
<http://www.nd.edu/~ndspd/parking.htm>. A Notre Dame campus map is
available at http://www.nd.edu/maps/ .