[FOM] Call for Papers: Special Issue M4M

Carlos Areces carlos at science.uva.nl
Mon Sep 6 13:09:23 EDT 2004

                       Call for Papers for

                     "Methods for Modalities"

          A Special Issue of the Journal of Applied Logic
      (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/15708683)

The workshop `Methods for Modalities' (M4M) organized every two
years aims to bring together researchers interested in developing
proof tools and decision methods for modal logic broadly conceived,
including description logic, hybrid logic, temporal logic, etc.

During 1993 M4M-3, the third instance of the workshop was organized
in Nancy, France.  We have been invited by the Journal of Applied
Logic to prepare a Special Issue containing selected publications
from the workshop, in addition to other articles that might fit
within the  topics of interest of M4M.   For that reason we are now
distributing this Call for Papers.

TOPICS OF INTEREST OF M4M

The following list is provided as an example of suitable topics for
the Special Issue. All topics should concern modal-like logics,
broadly conceived.  The list is by no means exhaustive and is given
in an arbitrary order:

* Automated theorem proving
* Decision methods
* Proof methods
* Standard and non-standard inference problems
* Model checking
* Testing
* Expressive power
* Modelling
* Applications
* Successful uses of modal-like languages in other fields
* Knowledge representation

SUBMISSION DETAILS

The final version of accepted papers has to follow the standard
layout guidelines of the Journal of Applied Logic.  Instructions
for authors and the latex style files are available from

   http://staff.science.uva.nl/~m4m/SI/

Although not mandatory, we suggest to use the corresponding style
files from that web-page also for your initial submission. The
issue aims at high quality papers with a length around 20 to max. 30
pages. Please send your submission in postscript or pdf no later
than October 31th, 2004 to

   areces at loria.fr.

Notice that all papers will be refereed to ensure that their
suitability for journal publication.

IMPORTANT DATES

Deadline for Submissions: October  31th, 2004
Reviews Due             : November 21th, 2004
Final Versions Due      : December 19th, 2004

GUEST EDITORS of the Special Issue

Dr. Carlos Areces
INRIA Lorraine
615, rue du Jardin Botanique