[FOM] Re: Comment on Church's Thesis (Harvey Friedman)

Vladimir Sazonov V.Sazonov at csc.liv.ac.uk
Wed Jan 7 14:23:05 EST 2004

In addition to my previous posting on CT, to prevent some
possible objections, I should recall to those who do not
know what is formal CT that it is a schema

forall x exists y A(x,y) => exists e forall x A(x,{e}(x))

for A *arbitrary* formula in the corresponding arithmetic
language.

Note, that this schema is contradictory in the framework
of classical logic. Also it is *not* a direct formalization
of the ordinary CT which is genuine informal thesis.

Vladimir Sazonov