[FOM] 5th Annual Graduate Student Conference in Logic

Wesley Calvert wcalvert at nd.edu
Wed Feb 11 13:41:26 EST 2004

5th Annual Graduate Student Conference in Logic
University of Notre Dame
May 1-2, 2004

The Graduate Student Conference in Logic is designed to give graduate
students doing work in logic the opportunity to deliver and hear talks, as
well as develop peer contacts in the field. It will run from Saturday May
1 to Sunday May 2, 2004.  Professors are welcome to attend the talks and
encouraged to send their students.

Student participants are encouraged to deliver talks.  In fact, all talks
(with the exception of one keynote address) will be given by students).
Talks will be either 20 or 45 minutes long and should be aimed at other
students in logic.  This conference will be a good opportunity to practice
giving research-oriented talks in a professional setting.  We would
certainly be happy to hear about the original research of participants,
but we also welcome talks about the work of others (maybe something you've
been reading lately and think is neat).  Since the talks will be aimed at
graduate students, we hope they will accessible to most attendees.

There is no registration fee, but please let us know if you'll be coming
by April 1.  If you require housing, let us know and we will find a couch
or a floor or something for you.  Alternately, there are many hotels
nearby, and we can direct you to some of those.

Abstracts should be sent to one of the organizers listed below, and should
be received by April 1.  Please indicate the length of time you want (20
minutes or 45 minutes).

Further information on the conference will be posted at
http://www.nd.edu/~wcalvert/gscl/index.html as it becomes available.

Please pass this word along to anybody that you think might be interested.

Wesley Calvert
Department of Mathematics
255 Hurley Hall
University of Notre Dame