[FOM] recent biography of Alfred Tarski

Peter Smith ps218 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Dec 31 16:08:56 EST 2004

Martin Davies has beaten me to it. But let my echo his recommendation. I
dropped heavy hints to Santa Claus who duly obliged by leaving a copy of
the Tarski biography -- only just published in the UK -- under the tree. I
found it pretty un-put-down-able. A model of its kind.

And very worth recommending to any grad student, who will thereby pick up a
good slice of the history of 20th century logic (the patterns of influence
and so on) in a very painless way.

--
Dr Peter Smith: Faculty of Philosophy, University of Cambridge
www.logicbook.net | www.godelbook.net