[FOM] RE: 195:The axiom of choice

kremer@uchicago.edu kremer at uchicago.edu
Wed Nov 5 00:37:54 EST 2003

Unless I am too tired to think straight -- this is not a version of the axiom
of choice.  It is rather a direct consequence of the union axiom.

(Proof if its needed:  let x be any set.  Let y be union(x).  Assume z in x and
assume that for some w, w in z.  Then w in y (by def of union(x)) and so for
some w, w in z and w in y.)

--Michael Kremer