[FOM] Independence without forcing

Todd.Eisworth@uni.edu Todd.Eisworth at uni.edu
Sat Jul 12 00:17:03 EDT 2003

I find many (if not most) of my questions have been answered in
various exchanges posted in the archives (mostly in the Friedman-
Simpson-Steel exchanges from 2000). At this point I have two more:

1) Do the postings on FOM accurately reflect the current state of
Boolean relation theory?
(I guess that's more a question for Harvey than the FOM audience in
general.)

2) To what extent is FOM an acceptable forum for questions/discussions
dealing with axiomatic issues motivated purely by the internal
concerns of set theory and not by broader foundational concerns? For
example, is this an appropriate place to ask for opinions on various
hypotheses associated with, say,  pcf theory?

Best,

Todd