[FOM] Proof Theory List

Alessio Guglielmi Alessio.Guglielmi at inf.tu-dresden.de
Mon Jan 13 10:45:00 EST 2003

Hello,

the recent proof theoretical messages to FOM (*) suggest that there
is perhaps a use of a mailing list dedicated to proof theory. I don't
know of any such list, and I believe that I could profit of such a
forum, mainly for my interest in so-called `structural' proof theory.

After many months on FOM, it's not clear to me whether FOM is the
right forum for several recent structural proof theory topics. For
example, I believe that topics like linear and substructural logics
are hardly to be considered foundational for mathematics.

Is there an interest for a list exclusively dedicated to proof
theory, or perhaps just to structural proof theory? I'll collect
answers to this question, and I'll post the results of this survey to
FOM.

There is also another option: I am running a very small mailing list,
called PT, which grew up mainly in connection with a certain proof
theoretical project of ours (the calculus of structures). If people
feel a need, as I do, for a list exclusively dedicated to proof
theory, perhaps they could simply subscribe to PT, and we can then
discuss in that more restricted forum what to do next.

Subscription to PT is moderated. Please let me have your name and, if
possible, your home page URL. In case you have a non-academic
address, please let me know who you are. All this is of course to
prevent abuse. To subscribe, use this link:
<mailto:Majordomo at Janeway.Inf.TU-Dresden.DE?body=subscribe pt>. The
list of people on PT is here:
<http://www.ki.inf.tu-dresden.de/~guglielm/Research/list.html>.

Cheers,

-Alessio

(*) note to non-subscribers to FOM on PT: FOM is this: