[FOM] 3 postings from Alexander Zenkin

by way of Martin Davis <martin@eipye.com> mailman-bounces at cs.nyu.edu
Sat Feb 1 11:34:47 EST 2003

MESSAGE-1

From: alexzen at com2com.ru
To: fom at cs.nyu.edu
CC: Alasdair Urquhart [urquhart at cs.toronto.edu]
Subject: RE: [FOM] Cantor's argument

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Zenkin [mailto:alexzen at com2com.ru]
Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2003 12:08 AM
To: 'Alasdair Urquhart'
CC: fom at cs.nyu.edu

Indeed, a lot of 'something' had been done
in foundations of mathematics (more precisely - in meta=mathematics and
axiomatic set theory) in the last 100 years.
But it does not mean that today, 'in the early 21st century', anybody
knows how to solve the "Liar", the "Barber", the Russell's, Richard's,
Berry's, Grelling's etc. paradoxes.
I mean just to solve, but not to evade the paradoxes problem as it was
done by Russell, Hilbert, Brouwer, etc.

AZ