[FOM] History of nonstandard models of PA

Richard Zach rzach at ucalgary.ca
Tue Aug 12 17:25:08 EDT 2003

Further to the history of order types of models of arithmetic:  I quote from
an email from Leon Henkin (with his permission), a reply to the question of
whether the result is original with him:

"As you can see from my paper (in vol 2 of BSL), The Discovery of my
Completeness Theorems, I came upon my results with almost no contact with
earlier papers. If the result you mention was found earlier by someone else,
I am not aware of it, but I'm not at all an authority on the history of the
subject."

--
Richard Zach ...... http://www.ucalgary.ca/~rzach/
Assistant  Professor,   Department  of  Philosophy