[FOM] Request for references on Predicativity.

steve newberry stevnewb at ix.netcom.com
Mon Aug 4 21:35:00 EDT 2003

I am an amateur logician with a BA in philosophy from Stanford in
1977, after which I worked as a computer programmer and tech-writer.

I have some apparently original ideas about certain aspects of
predicative definability, briefly, a definition of a predicative
powerset operator [see post of February, April and May 2003] and
a redefinition of Ramified Type Theory, and a Predicatively Full
General Model [Henkin semantics] for the same, as yet unposted.

Before submitting my ideas for publication in an academic journal,
I would like to review what others have said on this subject.  I am
already aware of the work of Sol Feferman and Georg Kreisel as
described in Feferman's paper entitled PREDICATIVITY.

Is there any other relevant literature that I ought to be aware of?

Please advise,

Steve Newberry