FOM: Constructive analysis

Vasco Brattka Vasco.Brattka at FernUni-Hagen.de
Mon Sep 2 04:52:58 EDT 2002

> I'm looking to pull together a seminar in constructive analysis. I
> have books by Goodstein (Recursive Analysis, Textbook in Math
> Analysis), Bishop and Bishop & Bridges, and Lorenzen (Differential and
> Integral ... ).
>
> Does anyone have other text suggestion? Does anyone have any
> suggestions on topics, etc?
>
> steve

In case that computable analysis should be in the scope of
your seminar as well, the following textbooks on the subject
could be of interest:

- Ker-I Ko. Complexity Theory of Real Functions.
  Progress in Theoretical Computer Science. Birkhäuser, Boston, 1991.

- Marian B. Pour-El and J. Ian Richards.
  Computability in Analysis and Physics.
  Perspectives in Mathematical Logic. Springer, Berlin, 1989.

- Klaus Weihrauch. Computable Analysis.
  Texts in Theoretical Computer Science. Springer, Berlin, 2000.

A standard reference on Russian constructive analysis is

- Boris Abramovich Kusner.
  Lectures on Constructive Mathematical Analysis (Russian).
  Izdat. Nauka, 1973. translated: by Mendelson, E., and edited by Leifman,
  L.J., Transl. Math. Monographs, 60 (1984).

A large bibliography on computable and constructive can be found
on the following webpage:

  http://www.informatik.fernuni-hagen.de/cca/publications/bibliography.html

Vasco

Vasco Brattka
FernUniversitaet           Phone: +49-2331-987-2723
Theoretische Informatik I    Fax: +49-2331-987-319
Informatikzentrum            WWW: www.informatik.fernuni-hagen.de/thi1/
D-58084 HAGEN                     vasco.brattka
Germany                   E-Mail: Vasco.Brattka at FernUni-Hagen.de