FOM: Precision and Turing-computability

Franklin Vera Pacheco franklin at ghost.matcom.uh.cu
Wed May 22 15:52:07 EDT 2002

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Paul LE MEUR wrote:

> My questions are:
> What are the current opinions on these two hypothesis?
> And, if true, do you agree they prove Church-Turing thesis?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Paul Le Meur

  I think we can say more.

     "For any given finite presition, any fisical phenomenon can be
 predicted by a Turing machine with this presition" is equivalent
 "Church-Turing thesis"

     And that is why we can say Turing thesis is more a
philosophical-phisical
 problem than a mathematical-philosophical one.

   Your second hypothesis can be enounced too:

     "For any given virtual reality enviroment there is a Turing maching
 generating it"
                 David Deutch "Fabric of Reality".
I think this can help.

--