FOM: Re: actual infinite

Franklin Vera Pacheco franklin at ghost.matcom.uh.cu
Fri May 3 13:03:25 EDT 2002

  Dear Mr Zenkin;

  1,2,3,4,.....         (1)

   I think I must explain me better. The existence of an algorithm
generating the numbers of a set
eg. the natural numbers, indeed doesn't say anything about if the series
(1) is an actual or a potencial infinite. What I'm thinking goes into another
way. I'm not dilucidating whether or not series
(1) is actual infinite, I'm trying to give an object (a finite one) that
can be taken as an actual infinite.
In other words, if series (1) is the potencial infinite set of the natural
numbers then its representation
(all that you can give) as a pair ( initial set , rule ) can be taken as
the actual infinite set of the natural numbers.
  The pair set-rule defines (in good conditions) if an object belongs or
not to the set.
 [Cantor's proof]
 The problem with reals is that if you try to give an actual
infinite representation ( (set,rule) ) of the set of real numbers then you
can construct a new real number that doesn't belongs to your representation.
  Then, we can rice the question about the existence of a representation
of the actualy infinite set of real
numbers. Cantor's antidiagonalization process give us that we can't get it
with this kind of representation.

 Expecting your opinions, objection and(or) recomendations.

Best Regards
--
Franklin Vera Pacheco
45 #10029 e/100 y 104