FOM: Re:precursors of Cantor

John Goodrick goodrick at math.berkeley.edu
Fri Jun 14 15:38:06 EDT 2002

I'm afraid I still don't understand your question.  The proof of
Schroder-Bernstein that I've seen in textbooks begins with the assumption
that there are 1-1 functions f: A --> B and g: B --> A and then
constructs a bijection.  So it shows that if A and B are EquiSize, then
they have the same power; and the converse is trivial.

-John