FOM: Constructive analysis

richman@acc.fau.edu richman at acc.fau.edu
Fri Aug 30 18:13:49 EDT 2002

Steve Stevenson wrote:

> I'm looking to pull together a seminar in constructive analysis. I
> have books by Goodstein (Recursive Analysis, Textbook in Math
> Analysis), Bishop and Bishop & Bridges, and Lorenzen (Differential and
> Integral ... ).

> Does anyone have other text suggestion? Does anyone have any
> suggestions on topics, etc?

Would it be self serving to suggest Bridges & Richman, "Varieties of
constructive mathematics"? It has the virtue of being small. There's a
little algebra in it, but it's mostly analysis. Bishop's book has
pretty much been superseded by Bishop & Bridges, which is a revision
and expansion that Bishop participated in, although the original has
its adherents. I'd be tempted to look at metric spaces and
integration.

--Fred