FOM: Re: The Church Thesis

Marcin Mostowski marcinmo at mail.uw.edu.pl
Wed Jan 31 13:42:02 EST 2001

The argument of Alasdair Urquhart is correct. I would say more. As a matter
of fact each "mathematical" proof of CT should be done by giving a new
mathematical model of computations - by axiomatic description or not. Then
the question is why such a model would be interesting. The point is that the
mathematical model proposed by me is determined by a model of the world we
are in and the very general assumption that:
   if R is an intuitively decidable set then
1. questions of the form "n in R?" are meaningful,
2. if a questions of the above form are solved then we would know about it.
  Marcin Mostowski